Assessment next week!
Just a reminder to my Year 8 students – you’re going to present to the class a prepared conversation about food and drink. This is about speaking, not reading from a script! You need to practise with your partner to try and make your conversation sound “natural”. You will be allowed a Post-it with some key words on to prompt you as you do this. I’ve added a link to the level criteria to remind you what you’re aiming for. Have a look at let me know if there’s anything that you’re not sure about.
Bonjour Year 7! It’s testing time again.
You’re going to have a mini assessment – just reading and listening – on the work we’ve done so far in Module 4.
You should revise:
- asking about places in a town
- asking and understanding directions
- saying where you are and where you’re going
- saying where someone else is & where they are going
- using the preposition “à” to say “to” or “at”
- linking simple sentences with connectives
As part of your Module 2 assessment you will have the chance to answer some questions in French. You should try to prepare answers, thinking about how the words sound and how clear you voice is. You shouldn’t be nervous as you have answered lots of questions like this in class over the last few weeks.
The questions will be about yourself, your family and pets – all of the things you have been studying this term.
- Tu as des frères ou des soeurs ?
- Tu as un animal ?
- Décris ta personalité.
- Décris tes cheveux et tes yeux.
Remember, you can ask a question or make a comment on anything on the blog.
For the “parler” part of your assessment you should prepare answers to these questions.
- Où habites-tu ?
- C’est où ?
- Tu habites dans un appartement ?
- Qu’est-ce qu’il y a au rez-de-chaussée ? Au premier étage ?
- Tu manges à quelle heure le soir ?
- Qu’est-ce que tu fais le soir, après le dîner ?
- Il y a quelque chose que tu ne fais pas ?
- Qu’est-ce que tu fais le weekend ?
Remember that you won’t be asked all of the questions, but you should be ready for them all. If you have revised the module well, then none of this should be too much of a problem !
Bonne chance !
Salut Year 7!
Don’t forget that you’re having your Module 3 assessments this week.
You should know how to say where you live (including the type of house and where that is), rooms in the house, (especially the bedroom and what’s in it), where things are (prepositions), talking about what you do and don’t do in the evenings, telling the time and larger numbers!
It seems like quite a lot, but it’s work we’ve been doing all term.